Issues for 2022
ARE Update Vol. 26, No. 2, Nov/Dec, 2022
- Rutledge, Zachariah and Pierre Mérel. "A Declining Farm Labor Supply Could Cost California Farmers Billions."
- Ayres, Andrew B. and Caitlin A. Peterson. "Dryland Cropping May Present a Cost-Effective Response to Dust From Idled Lands."
Sayre, James E. "Developments in the Avocado Sector and Their Implications for California Producers and Consumers."
- view abstract for Developments in the Avocado Sector and Their Implications for California Producers and Consumers
- view PDF for Developments in the Avocado Sector and Their Implications for California Producers and Consumers
- PDF en español de Developments in the Avocado Sector and Their Implications for California Producers and Consumers
ARE Update Vol. 26, No. 1, Sep/Oct, 2022
- Carter, Colin and Sandro Steinbach. "California Almond Industry Harmed by International Trade Issues."
- Auffhammer, Maximilian. "Agriculture and the Social Cost of Carbon."
- Spalding, Ashley. "Certified Transitional Labels Hope To Increase Organic Conversion, but Few Know What They Mean."
ARE Update Vol. 25, No. 6, Jul/Aug, 2022
- Nemati, Mehdi and Juhee Lee. "How Are Urban Water Suppliers Responding to Drought?"
- Trilnick, Itai, Alice Huang, Jed Silver, Ben Gordon and David Zilberman. "The Multiple Benefits of CIMIS—Publicly Provided Weather and Irrigation Information in California."
- Englander, Gabriel, Larry S. Karp and Leo K. Simon. "Does Better Information Increase Fishery Profits?"
ARE Update Vol. 25, No. 5, May/Jun, 2022
- Sambucci, Olena and Daniel A. Sumner. "War in Ukraine and Impacts on California Food and Agriculture."
- Gafarov, Bulat and Jens Hilscher. "Too Little Too Late? The Two-Pronged Approach of the Federal Reserve."
- Kotchen, Matthew J. and Katherine R.H. Wagner. "When Governments Increase Their Funding of Public Goods, How Do Individuals Respond?"
ARE Update Vol. 25, No. 4, Mar/Apr, 2022
- Rupiper, Amanda, Joakim Weill, Ellen M. Bruno, Katrina Jessoe and Frank Loge. "Could Fixing Leaky Pipes Help Solve California’s Water Problems?"
- Carman, Hoy. "Are You Eating More Fruit? U.S. Dietary Recommendations and Fruit Consumption Trends."
- Gafarov, Bulat, Tengda Gong and Jens Hilscher. "What Price is Right? Cigarette Demand Has Become More Responsive to Prices."
ARE Update Vol. 25, No. 3, Jan/Feb, 2022
- Smith, Aaron. "The Story of Rising Fertilizer Prices."
- Olver, Ryan and David Zilberman. "Why Soil Fumigation Changed the Strawberry Industry."
- Hilscher, Jens, Alon Raviv and Ricardo Reis. "Inflation Risks are on the Rise."