Issues for 2021
ARE Update Vol. 25, No. 2, Nov/Dec, 2021
- Carter, Colin, Sandro Steinbach and Xiting Zhuang. ""Containergeddon" and California Agriculture."
- Novan, Kevin and Benjamin Dawson. "It’s Not Always Sunny in California: Strategies to Increase Our Reliance on Solar Generation."
- Goodhue, Rachael, Joji Muramoto, Daniel A. Sumner and Hanlin Wei. "California’s Organic Agriculture: Diverse and Growing."
ARE Update Vol. 25, No. 1, Sep/Oct, 2021
- Bruno, Ellen M. and Daniel A. Sumner. "Special Issue: Implications of the Drought for California Agriculture."
- Abatzoglou, John. "Climatological Context for California’s Ongoing Drought."
- Sumner, Daniel A., Carlyn Marsh, Quaid Moore, Scott Somerville and Josué Medellín-Azuara. "California Farms Adjust to Drought."
- Sumner, Daniel A., Elizabeth Fraysse, Scott Somerville and Josué Medellín-Azuara. "Drought Impacts on California Farm Revenue and Prices."
- Bruno, Ellen M. "Identifying Policies to Mitigate the Costs of Drought."
ARE Update Vol. 24, No. 6, Jul/Aug, 2021
- David Zilberman. "Science-Based Agriculture for Expanding Food Production and Sustainability."
- Hanbin Lee, Richard J. Sexton, and Daniel A. Sumner. "Voter-Approved Proposition to Raise California Pork Prices."
- Ellen M. Bruno, Brittney Goodrich, and Richard J. Sexton. "The Outlook for California’s Almond Market."
ARE Update Vol. 24, No. 5, May/Jun, 2021
- Shoumitro Chatterjee and Aprajit Mahajan. "Why Are Indian Farmers Protesting the Liberalization of Indian Agriculture?"
- Juhee Lee, Mehdi Nemati, and Ariel Dinar. "How Has Residential Per Capita Water Consumption in California Changed Between 1994–2019?"
- Saitone, Tina, K. Aleks Schaefer and Daniel Scheitrum. "COVID-19 Morbidity and Mortality in U.S. Meatpacking Counties."
ARE Update Vol. 24, No. 4, Mar/Apr, 2021
- David Zilberman, Alison L. Van Eenennaam, Felipe De Figueiredo Silva, and Josephine F. Trott. "The Costs of Overregulating Animal and Plant Biotechnology: Lessons from COVID-19."
- Ami Reznik, Ariel Dinar, Susie Bresney, Laura Forni, Brian Joyce, Steven Wallander, Daniel Bigelow, and Iddo Kan. "Can Managed Aquifer Recharge Mitigate Drought Impacts on California’s Irrigated Agriculture? The Role for Institutions and Policies."
- Alexandra E. Hill. "California Crop Labor Supply and Demand During COVID-19."
ARE Update Vol. 24, No. 3, Jan/Feb, 2021
- Arthur R. Wardle, Paige Griggs, and Ellen Bruno. "A Progress Report on California’s Sustainable Groundwater Management Act."
- Aaron Smith. "COVID-19 Relief Programs Have Kept U.S. Farm Income High but Shortchanged California Producers."
- Terrence Iverson, Larry Karp, and Alessandro Peri. "Optimal Social Distancing and the Economics of Uncertain Vaccine Arrival."