Issues for 2020
- Sangeeta Bansal, Shivani Gupta, Jacob Lefler, and David Zilberman. "The Conflicting Effect of Obesity and Undernourishment on Average Life Expectancy."
- Jacob Rightnar and Ariel Dinar. "Preparing for a Drier Future: Welfare Consequences on the Salton Sea Region of Re-allocating Colorado River Flow Deficit."
- Ellen Bruno, Alyssa DeVincentis, Samuel Sandoval Solis, and Daniele Zaccaria. "Assessing the Costs and Benefits of Winter Cover Cropping in California."
ARE Update Vol. 23, No. 5, May/Jun, 2020
Special Issue: Implications of the Coronavirus Pandemic on California Food, Agriculture, and the Environment
- Co-editors: Ellen Bruno, Richard Sexton, and David Zilberman. "Special Issue: Implications of the Coronavirus Pandemic on California Food, Agriculture, and the Environment."
- Timothy Beatty, Alexandra Hill, Philip Martin, and Zachariah Rutledge. "COVID-19 and Farm Workers: Challenges Facing California Agriculture."
- Charlotte Ambrozek and Timothy Beatty. "U.S. Nutrition Assistance Program Responses to COVID-19."
- Michael L. Anderson. "COVID-19, Traffic, Travel, and Pollution."
- Commodity Briefs
- Brittney Goodrich. "California Tree Nut Industries Set Up Well to Handle COVID-19 Pandemic."
- Daniel A. Sumner. "The Milk Economics of the COVID-19 Pandemic."
- Julian Alston. "Smaller U.S. Wineries Especially Hard-Hit by COVID-19 Pandemic."
- Tina L. Saitone. "Cattle Producers Struggle as COVID-19 Reduces Beef Processing Capacity."
- Kristin Kiesel. "How is Fresh Produce Adjusting to the Public Health Crisis?"
- Yujing Song, Mark Bolda, Oleg Daugovish, and Rachael Goodhue. "How is the Strawberry Industry Weathering the Pandemic?"
- Ellen Bruno and Mark Evans. "Processing Tomatoes Benefit from Machine Harvesting and Storability."
- Ellen M. Bruno, Richard J. Sexton, and Daniel A. Sumner. "The Coronavirus and the Food Supply Chain."
- Lichun Huang, Hal Giuliani Gordon, and David Zilberman. "The Challenges and Potential Benefits of Animal-Free Meats."
- Ami Reznik and Ariel Dinar. "Could Recycled Urban Wastewater Provide Irrigation for Agriculture? The Case of the Escondido Region of California."
- H. Wei, R.E, Goodhue, K. Mace, J. Rudder, T. Tolhurst, D. Tregeagle, B. Grafton-Cardwell, I. Grettenberger, H. Wilson, R. Van Steenwyk, J. Steggall. "Estimated Cost of the Withdrawal of the Insecticide Chlorpyrifos for Six Major California Crops."
- Robin S. Goldstein, Raffaele Saposhnik, and Daniel A. Sumner. "Prices of Cannabis in California from Licensed and Unlicensed Retailers."
- Philip Martin. "President Trump and Migration after Three Years."
- Colin A. Carter and Sandro Steinbach. "Impact of the U.S.-China Trade War on California Agriculture."