Issues for 2019
ARE Update Vol. 23, No. 2, Nov/Dec, 2019
- Scott Kaplan, Gina Waterfield, and David Zilberman. "Preferences for GMOs: Do Purchasing Patterns Differ from Voting Behavior?"
- Jarrett Hart and Julian M. Alston. "Under the (Ancestral) Influence: Demographic Drivers of Diverging Demands in the U.S. Alcohol Market."
- Hoy F. Carman. "California’s Changing Land Use Patterns for Crop Production, 1959–2017."
ARE Update Vol. 23, No. 1, Sep/Oct, 2019
- Kristin Kiesel and Ashley Spalding. "New Marketing Opportunities for Local Food Producers."
- Thibault Fally and James E. Sayre. "Does Trade in Primary Commodities Matter?"
- Peiley Lau, Julia Longmate, and Solomon Hsiang. "Identifying Nonpoint Source Polluters in National Scale River Networks."
ARE Update Vol. 22, No. 6, Jul/Aug, 2019
- Junjie Wu, Steven Sexton, Joel Ferguson, and David Zilberman. "Energy Prices, the Financial Crisis, and Their Implications for Land Policies in California."
- Zachariah Rutledge and J. Edward Taylor. "California Farmers Change Production Practices As the Farm Labor Supply Declines."
- Ellen M. Bruno and Tina L. Saitone. "Livestock Guardian Dogs: Do the Benefits Outweigh the Costs for Sheep Producers?"
ARE Update Vol. 22, No. 5, May/Jun, 2019
- Tina L. Saitone. "What Value-Added Management Programs Are Enhancing Cattle Producer Revenues?"
- Pierce Donovan and Michael R. Springborn. "Maintaining the Long-Term Viability of the Humpback Chub in the Grand Canyon."
- Hoy F. Carman. "The Story Behind Avocados’ Rise to Prominence in the United States."
ARE Update Vol. 22, No. 4, Mar/Apr, 2019
- Tor N. Tolhurst. "The Soaring Eagles: California’s Flagship Wines on Global Secondary Markets."
- Philip Martin. "Trump, Migration, and Agriculture."
- Scott Kaplan, Rebecca Taylor, and Sofia B. Villas-Boas. "Lessons from Berkeley’s Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Election and Tax."
ARE Update Vol. 22, No. 3, Jan/Feb, 2019
Special Issue on the 2018 Farm Bill and Brexit
- Richard J. Sexton and Daniel A. Sumner. "Introduction to the Issue: The 2018 Farm Bill and Brexit."
- Hyunok Lee and Daniel A. Sumner. "California Farm Commodities and the 2018 Farm Bill."
- Ellen M. Bruno and David Zilberman. "What Does the 2018 Farm Bill Mean for California and the Environment? Spotlight on the Conservation Programs."
- Charlotte Ambrozek and Timothy Beatty. "Changes to Nutrition Programs in the 2018 Farm Bill."
- Colin A. Carter and Doris Läpple. "Brexit and the Disruption of Agricultural Trade: A View from Ireland."