Issues for 2010
ARE Update Vol. 14, No. 2, Nov/Dec, 2010
- Sexton, Steven and David Zilberman. "Agricultural Biotechnology Can Help Mitigate Climate Change."
- Kahrl, Fredrich, Li Yunju, David Roland-Holst, Xu Jianchu, and David Zilberman. "Toward Sustainable Use of Nitrogen Fertilizers in China."
- Klonsky, Karen. "A Look at California's Organic Agriculture Production."
ARE Update Vol. 14, No. 1, September/October, 2010
SPECIAL ISSUE - California's Climate Change Policy: The Economic and Environmental Impacts of AB 32
- "Notes from the Editors."
- Stavins, Robert N. "AB 32 and Climate Change: The National Context of State Policies for a Global Commons Problem."
- Victor, David G. "The Political Context for California's Climate Change Policy."
- Kahn, Matthew E. "The Political Economy of Climate Change Legislation: An Economist's Perspective."
- Knittel, Christopher R. "Economic Models of AB 32: An Evaluation."
- Sumner, Daniel A. and John Thomas Rosen-Molina. "Impacts of AB 32 on Agriculture."
ARE Update Vol. 13, No. 6, July/August, 2010
SPECIAL ISSUE The World Of Wine: Economic Issues and Outlook
- Sumner, Daniel A. "Notes from the Guest Editor."
- Sumner, Daniel A. "Is the World Overflowing with Wine? The Global Context for California Wine Supply and Demand."
- Anderson, Kym. "The Southern Hemisphere and Global Wine Markets to 2030: Case Study of Australia."
- Montaigne, Étienne. "European Wine Market Issues and Prospects in the Context of the Changes to the Common Market Organization for Wine."
- Lapsley, James T. "Looking Forward: Imagining the Market For California Wine in 2030."
ARE Update Vol. 13, No. 5, May/June, 2010
- Auffhammer, Maximilian and Ryan Kellogg. "Improving Air Quality by Reformulating Gasoline: How California Got it Right."
- Goodhue, Rachael, Peter Howard, and Richard Howitt. "Costs of Methyl Iodide Non-Registration: Economic Analysis."
- Sandeep Mohapatra, Rachael E. Goodhue, Colin A. Carter, and James A. Chalfant. "How Do Forward Contracts Affect Strawberry Prices?"
ARE Update Vol. 13, No. 4, Mar/Apr, 2010
- Zilberman, David, Gal Hochman, and Deepak Rajagopal. "Indirect Land Use: One Consideration Too Many in Biofuel Regulation."
Carman, Hoy F., Lan Li, and Richard J.Sexton. "Can Improved Market Information Benefit Both Producers and Consumers? Evidence from the Hass Avocado Board's Internet Information Program."
- view abstract for Can Improved Market Information Benefit Both Producers and Consumers? Evidence from the Hass Avocado Board's Internet Information Program
- view PDF for Can Improved Market Information Benefit Both Producers and Consumers? Evidence from the Hass Avocado Board's Internet Information Program
- Wimberger, Emily and Jeffrey Williams. "End of Life Vehicles and Air-Conditioning Refrigerant: Can Regulation Be Cost Effective?"
ARE Update Vol. 13, No. 3, Jan/Feb, 2010
- Ameden, Holly, Sam Brody, Sean B. Cash, and David Zilberman. "Invasive Species, Border Enforcement, and Firm Behavior."
- Bolda, Mark P., Rachael E. Goodhue and Frank G. Zalom. "Spotted Wing Drosophila: Potential Economic Impact of a Newly Established Pest."
- Templeton, Scott R., David Zilberman, and Mark S. Henry. "Golf Courses in California As Modern Agricultural Enterprises."