Issues for 2008
ARE Update Vol. 12, No. 2, Nov/Dec, 2008
- "Introduction to the Issue."
- Carter, Colin, Gordon Rausser, and Aaron Smith. "The Food Price Boom and Bust."
- Sumner, Daniel A. "Impacts of Recent Commodity Price Fluctuations on Farms in California and a Historical Perspective on Prospects for the Future."
- Wright, Brian. "Speculators, Storage,and the Price of Rice."
- Alston, Julian M., Jason M. Beddow, and Philip G. Pardey. "Agricultural Research, Productivity, and Food Commodity Prices."
- Ligon, Ethan. "Food Prices and the Welfare of Poor Consumers."
- de Janvry, Alain and Elisabeth Sadoulet. "The Global Food Crisis: Identification of the Vulnerable and Policy Responses."
- "Giannini Foundation Contact List for Members, Associate Members, and Emeriti."
ARE Update Vol. 12, No. 1, Sep/Oct, 2008
- Sexton, Steven, Deepak Rajagopal, David Zilberman, and Gal Hochman. "Food Versus Fuel: How Biofuels Make Food More Costly and Gasoline Cheaper."
- Aker, Jenny C. "How Can We Avoid Another Food Crisis in Niger?"
- "Faculty Profile: Pierre Mérel."
ARE Update Vol. 11, No. 6, July/Aug, 2008
- Karp, Larry. "Correct (and Misleading) Arguments for Market-Based Pollution Control Policies."
- "Faculty Profile: Larry Karp."
- Hilger, James, Greg Rafert, and Sofia Villas-Boas. "Expert Opinion and the Demand for Wine."
- Farzin, Hossein and Kelly Grogan. "California Water Quality: The Role of Agriculture."
ARE Update Vol. 11, No. 5, May/June, 2008
- de Wit, Joeri and Aaron Smith. "What is the Price of Oil?"
- Kovacs, Kent. "Farmland Conversion in California: Evidence from the Williamson Act Program."
- Simon, Leo and Susan Stratton. "California's Water Problems: Why a Comprehensive Solution Makes Sense."
ARE Update Vol. 11, No. 4, March/April, 2008
- Goodhue, Rachael E. and Philip L. Martin. "Introduction to the Issue."
- Goodhue, Rachael E., Richard D. Green, Dale M. Heien, and Philip L. Martin. "Current Economic Trends in the California Wine Industry."
- Volpe, Richard, Richard Green, Dale Heien, and Richard Howitt. "Recent Trends in the California Wine Grape Industry."
- Lybbert, Travis J. and W. Douglas Gubler. "California Wine Grape Growers' Use of Powdery Mildew Forecasts."
- Kwon, Oh Sang, Hyunok Lee, and Daniel A. Sumner. "Appellation, Variety, and the Price of California Wines."
ARE Update Vol. 11, No. 3, Jan/Feb, 2008
- Kahr, Fritz and David Roland-Holst. "What Hope for Climate Multilateralism?"
- "Faculty Profile: David Roland-Holst."
- Rajagopal, Deepak and David Zilberman. "The Use of Environmental Life-Cycle Analysis for Evaluating Biofuels."
- Hardesty, Shermain D. "Enhancing Producer Returns: United Potato Growers of America."