Issues for 2006
ARE Update Vol. 10, No. 2, Nov/Dec, 2006
- Klonsky, Karen. "E. coli in Spinach, Foodborne Illnesses, and Expectations about Food Safety."
- Carter, Colin A. "Economics of the California Processing Tomato Market."
- Karp, Larry. "Why We Should Be Willing to Devote More Resources to Avoid Climate Change."
ARE Update Vol. 10, No. 1, Sept/Oct, 2006
- Auffhammer, Maximilian. "Is Dust "Busting" Crop Yields?"
- "ARE Faculty Profile: Aaron Smith."
- Li, Lan, Hoy F. Carman, and Richard J. Sexton. "Retailer Pricing Practices for Fresh Avocados."
- Zwane, Alix Peterson and Margaret McMillan. "OECD Support for Agriculture: Has it Historically Harmed Poor Countries?"
ARE Update Vol. 9, No. 6, July/Aug, 2006
- Onozaka, Yuko, David Bunch, and Douglas Larson. "What Exactly Are They Paying For? Explaining the Price Premium for Organic Fresh Produce."
- Blank, Steven C., Kenneth W. Erickson, Richard Nehring, and Charles Hallahan. "Farm Household Wealth: Where Does it Come From?"
- Carter, Colin, Barry Krissoff, and Alix Peterson Zwane. "Assessing Geographic Branding Strategies: Lessons for Country-of-Origin Labeling."
ARE Update Vol. 9, No. 5, May/June, 2006
- Roland-Holst, David and David Zilberman. "How Vulnerable is California Agriculture to Higher Energy Prices?"
- Fisher, Anthony C. "Determinants of California Farmland Values and Potential Impacts of Climate Change."
- Goodhue, Rachael E., Steven A. Fennimore, Karen Klonsky, and Husein Ajwa. "After Methyl Bromide: The Economics of Strawberry Production with Alternative Fumigants."
ARE Update Vol. 9, No. 4, March/April, 2006
- Martin, Philip L. "Immigration Reform: Implications for Agriculture."
- Farzin, Y. Hossein and Craig A. Bond. "Democracy and Environmental Quality."
- Jarvis, Lovell S., José E. Bervejillo, and José P. Cancino. "Are International Beef Prices Converging and, if so, Why?"
ARE Update Vol. 9, No. 3, Jan/Feb, 2006
- Sexton, Steven E., Leslie A. Martin, and David Zilberman. "Biofuel and Biotech: A Sustainable Energy Solution."
- Saitone, Tina L. and Richard J. Sexton. "Do Alpacas Represent the Latest Speculative Bubble in Agriculture?"
- Sumner, Daniel A. and Hayley Boriss. "Bee-conomics and the Leap in Pollination Fees."