Issues for 2005
ARE Update Vol. 9, No. 2, Nov/Dec, 2005
- Carter,Colin, Philip Martin and Alix Peterson Zwane. "Trade and North American Agriculture: Assessing NAFTA at 12."
- "NAFTA Conference Registration Form."
- Smith, Aaron and Catherine Morrison Paul. "Does the Internet Increase Farm Profits?"
- Baylis, Kathy and Jeffrey M. Perloff. "End Runs Around Trade Restrictions: The Case of the Mexican Tomato Suspension Agreements."
ARE Update Vol. 9, No. 1, Sept/Oct, 2005
- Co-editor's Introduction. "Special Issue: China's Agricultural Boom, with Implications for California."
- Rozelle, Scott, Jikun Huang and Ruifa Hu. "Genetically Modified Rice in China: Effects on Farmers in China and California."
- Carter, Colin A., James A. Chalfant and Rachael E. Goodhue. "China's Strawberry Industry: An Emerging Competitor for California?"
- Kahrl, Fredrich, David Roland-Holst and David Zilberman. "New Horizons for Rural Reform in China: Resources, Property Rights and Consumerism."
ARE Update Vol. 8, No. 6, July/August, 2005
- Hardesty, Shermain D. "The Bottom Line on the Conversion of Diamond Walnut Growers."
- Sumner, Daniel A., Henrich Brunke, Julian M. Alston, Richard S. Gray and Albert K. A. Acquaye. "Industry Initiated Regulation and Food Safety: the New Federal Marketing Order for Pistachios."
- Blank, Steven C. "The Relationship Between Price Risk Management Tools and Off-Farm Income."
ARE Update Vol. 8, No. 5, May/June, 2005
- Barrio, Olga Senise and Hoy Carman. "Olive Oil: A 'Rediscovered' California Crop."
- Auffhammer, Maximilian, Antonio Bento and Scott Lowe. "Forming Coalitions for Cleaner Air?"
- Auffhammer, Maximilian. "George Judge Turns 80."
- Gonzalez, Sandra, Rachael E. Goodhue, Peter Berck and Richard E. Howitt. "What Would Happen if Federal Farm Subsidies Were Eliminated? Evidence for Colusa and Tulare Counties."
ARE Update Vol. 8, No. 4, Mar/Apr, 2005
- Goodhue, Rachael E., Kiara Groves and Rick T. Roush. "Pesticide Use and Air Quality in the San Joaquin Valley."
- Hunag, Rui, Jeffrey M. Perloff, and Sofia B. Villas-Boas. "Sales and Brand Loyalty."
- Zwane, Alix Peterson and David L. Sunding. "Coho Salmon Recovery in California: A Summary of Recent Economic Evidence."
ARE Update Vol. 8, No. 3, Jan/Feb, 2005
- "Editor's Note."
- "ARE Faculty Profile: Warren E. Johnston and Alex F. McCalla."
- Johnston, Warren and Alex McCalla. "California Agriculture in the 21st Century."
- Hardesty, Shermain. "Positioning California's Agricultural Cooperatives for the Future."
- Blank, Steven. "California Agriculture's Profit Performance."