ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty, CE Specialists and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. The ARE Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
If you’d like to subscribe to the ARE Update, please contact Managing Editor Ria DeBiase.
- David Zilberman, Alison L. Van Eenennaam, Felipe De Figueiredo Silva, and Josephine F. Trott. "The Costs of Overregulating Animal and Plant Biotechnology: Lessons from COVID-19."
- Ami Reznik, Ariel Dinar, Susie Bresney, Laura Forni, Brian Joyce, Steven Wallander, Daniel Bigelow, and Iddo Kan. "Can Managed Aquifer Recharge Mitigate Drought Impacts on California’s Irrigated Agriculture? The Role for Institutions and Policies."
- Alexandra E. Hill. "California Crop Labor Supply and Demand During COVID-19."
Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- Ellen M. Bruno and Katrina Jessoe. "Climate Change and California’s Water Supply: How Can We Adapt?"
- Olena Sambucci and Julian M. Alston. "The True Value of California Wine Grapes."
- Ellen M. Bruno. "The Economic Impacts of Agricultural Groundwater Markets."
- McCalla, Alex F. "Challenges to World Agriculture in the 21st Century."
- Colin A. Carter. "China's Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges."