ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty, CE Specialists and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. The ARE Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
If you’d like to subscribe to the ARE Update, please contact Managing Editor Ria DeBiase.
- Arthur R. Wardle, Paige Griggs, and Ellen Bruno. "A Progress Report on California’s Sustainable Groundwater Management Act."
- Aaron Smith. "COVID-19 Relief Programs Have Kept U.S. Farm Income High but Shortchanged California Producers."
- Terrence Iverson, Larry Karp, and Alessandro Peri. "Optimal Social Distancing and the Economics of Uncertain Vaccine Arrival."
Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- Ellen M. Bruno and Katrina Jessoe. "Climate Change and California’s Water Supply: How Can We Adapt?"
- Olena Sambucci and Julian M. Alston. "The True Value of California Wine Grapes."
- Ellen M. Bruno. "The Economic Impacts of Agricultural Groundwater Markets."
- McCalla, Alex F. "Challenges to World Agriculture in the 21st Century."
- Colin A. Carter. "China's Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges."