ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty, CE Specialists and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. The ARE Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
- Tina L. Saitone. "What Value-Added Management Programs Are Enhancing Cattle Producer Revenues?"
- Pierce Donovan and Michael R. Springborn. "Maintaining the Long-Term Viability of the Humpback Chub in the Grand Canyon."
- Hoy F. Carman. "The Story Behind Avocados’ Rise to Prominence in the United States."
Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- Ellen Bruno. "California’s New Groundwater Law and the Implications for Groundwater Markets."
- McCalla, Alex F. "Challenges to World Agriculture in the 21st Century."
- Colin A. Carter. "China's Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges."
- Carter, Colin A., Guillaume P. Gruère, Patrick McLaughlin, and Matthew MacLachlan. "California's Proposition 37: Effects of Mandatory Labeling of GM Food."
- Klonsky, Karen. "A Look at California's Organic Agriculture Production."