ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty import and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
- Olena Sambucci and Julian M. Alston. "The True Value of California Wine Grapes."
- James Lugg, Myung Eun Shim, and David Zilberman. "Establishing Supply Chain for an Innovation: The Case of Prepackaged Salad."
- Tina L. Saitone. "Economic Consequences of New Federal and State Regulations to Limit Antibiotic Use in Livestock."
Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- Ellen Bruno. "California’s New Groundwater Law and the Implications for Groundwater Markets."
- McCalla, Alex F. "Challenges to World Agriculture in the 21st Century."
- Colin A. Carter. "China's Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges."
- Carter, Colin A., Guillaume P. Gruère, Patrick McLaughlin, and Matthew MacLachlan. "California's Proposition 37: Effects of Mandatory Labeling of GM Food."
- Klonsky, Karen. "A Look at California's Organic Agriculture Production."