ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty, CE Specialists and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. The ARE Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
- Richard J. Sexton and Daniel A. Sumner. "Introduction to the Issue: The 2018 Farm Bill and Brexit."
- Hyunok Lee and Daniel A. Sumner. "California Farm Commodities and the 2018 Farm Bill."
- Ellen M. Bruno and David Zilberman. "What Does the 2018 Farm Bill Mean for California and the Environment? Spotlight on the Conservation Programs."
- Charlotte Ambrozek and Timothy Beatty. "Changes to Nutrition Programs in the 2018 Farm Bill."
- Colin A. Carter and Doris Läpple. "Brexit and the Disruption of Agricultural Trade: A View from Ireland."
Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- Ellen Bruno. "California’s New Groundwater Law and the Implications for Groundwater Markets."
- McCalla, Alex F. "Challenges to World Agriculture in the 21st Century."
- Colin A. Carter. "China's Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges."
- Carter, Colin A., Guillaume P. Gruère, Patrick McLaughlin, and Matthew MacLachlan. "California's Proposition 37: Effects of Mandatory Labeling of GM Food."
- Klonsky, Karen. "A Look at California's Organic Agriculture Production."