ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty, CE Specialists and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. The ARE Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
- Junjie Wu, Steven Sexton, Joel Ferguson, and David Zilberman. "Energy Prices, the Financial Crisis, and Their Implications for Land Policies in California."
- Zachariah Rutledge and J. Edward Taylor. "California Farmers Change Production Practices As the Farm Labor Supply Declines."
- Ellen M. Bruno and Tina L. Saitone. "Livestock Guardian Dogs: Do the Benefits Outweigh the Costs for Sheep Producers?"
Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- Olena Sambucci and Julian M. Alston. "The True Value of California Wine Grapes."
- Ellen M. Bruno. "The Economic Impacts of Agricultural Groundwater Markets."
- McCalla, Alex F. "Challenges to World Agriculture in the 21st Century."
- Colin A. Carter. "China's Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges."
- Carter, Colin A., Guillaume P. Gruère, Patrick McLaughlin, and Matthew MacLachlan. "California's Proposition 37: Effects of Mandatory Labeling of GM Food."