ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty, CE Specialists and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. The ARE Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
- Martin, Philip L., Rachael E. Goodhue, and Brian D. Wright. "California Agriculture: Dimensions and Issues."
- Jetter, Karen M., and Kjersti Nes. "How Does Meeting the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015–2020 Benefit U.S. Fruit and Vegetable Growers?"
- Hill, Alexandra E., and Charlotte Ambrozek. "Can CalFresh Cut Costs and Better Serve California’s Agricultural Counties?"
Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- Ellen Bruno. "California’s New Groundwater Law and the Implications for Groundwater Markets."
- McCalla, Alex F. "Challenges to World Agriculture in the 21st Century."
- Colin A. Carter. "China's Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges."
- Carter, Colin A., Guillaume P. Gruère, Patrick McLaughlin, and Matthew MacLachlan. "California's Proposition 37: Effects of Mandatory Labeling of GM Food."
- Klonsky, Karen. "A Look at California's Organic Agriculture Production."