ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty, CE Specialists and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. The ARE Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
If you’d like to subscribe to the ARE Update, please contact Managing Editor Ria DeBiase.
- Sambucci, Olena and Daniel A. Sumner. "War in Ukraine and Impacts on California Food and Agriculture."
- Gafarov, Bulat and Jens Hilscher. "Too Little Too Late? The Two-Pronged Approach of the Federal Reserve."
- Kotchen, Matthew J. and Katherine R.H. Wagner. "When Governments Increase Their Funding of Public Goods, How Do Individuals Respond?"
Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- Brittney K. Goodrich and Jennie L. Durant. "Going Nuts for More Bees: Factors Influencing California Almond Pollination Fees."
- Ellen M. Bruno, Richard J. Sexton, and Daniel A. Sumner. "The Coronavirus and the Food Supply Chain."
- Ellen M. Bruno and Katrina Jessoe. "Climate Change and California’s Water Supply: How Can We Adapt?"
- Olena Sambucci and Julian M. Alston. "The True Value of California Wine Grapes."
- Ellen M. Bruno. "The Economic Impacts of Agricultural Groundwater Markets."