ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty import and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
- Ariel Dinar and David Zilberman. "Water Pricing for a Dry Future: Pricing Policies from Abroad and Their Relevance to California."
- Zoë T. Plakias and Rachael E. Goodhue. "Growers’ Assessments of Challenges Facing the California Rice Industry: Past and Present."
- Philip Martin. "California Agriculture: Water, Labor, and Immigration."
Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- McCalla, Alex F. "Challenges to World Agriculture in the 21st Century."
- Colin A. Carter. "China's Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges."
- Carter, Colin A., Guillaume P. Gruère, Patrick McLaughlin, and Matthew MacLachlan. "California's Proposition 37: Effects of Mandatory Labeling of GM Food."
- Klonsky, Karen. "A Look at California's Organic Agriculture Production."
- Goodhue, Rachael E., Richard D. Green, Dale M. Heien, and Philip L. Martin. "Current Economic Trends in the California Wine Industry."