ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty import and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
- Philip Martin. "Labor Cost Challenges Facing California Agriculture."
- Olena Sambucci and Travis J. Lybbert. "Behavioral Responses to Disease Forecasts: From Precision to Automation in Powdery Mildew Management."
- Amanda R. Lindsay, Michael R. Springborn, and Rebecca S. Epanchin-Niell. "Reducing Nonnative Species Introductions with Risk-based Inspection of International Trade."
Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- McCalla, Alex F. "Challenges to World Agriculture in the 21st Century."
- Colin A. Carter. "China's Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges."
- Carter, Colin A., Guillaume P. Gruère, Patrick McLaughlin, and Matthew MacLachlan. "California's Proposition 37: Effects of Mandatory Labeling of GM Food."
- Klonsky, Karen. "A Look at California's Organic Agriculture Production."
- Goodhue, Rachael E., Richard D. Green, Dale M. Heien, and Philip L. Martin. "Current Economic Trends in the California Wine Industry."