Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- Colin A. Carter. "China's Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges."
- Carter, Colin A., Guillaume P. Gruère, Patrick McLaughlin, and Matthew MacLachlan. "California’s Proposition 37: Effects of Mandatory Labeling of GM Food."
- de Janvry, Alain and Elisabeth Sadoulet. "The Global Food Crisis: Identification of the Vulnerable and Policy Responses."
- Goodhue, Rachael E., Richard D. Green, Dale M. Heien, and Philip L. Martin. "Current Economic Trends in the California Wine Industry."
- de Wit, Joeri and Aaron Smith. "What is the Price of Oil?"
Mission of the ARE Update:
ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
ARE Update, Vol. 17, No. 6, Jul/Aug, 2014
- Ken Baerenklau, Kurt Schwabe, and Ariel Dinar. "Allocation-Based Water Pricing Promotes Conservation While Keeping User Costs Low."
- Kelly Cobourn, Emma Knoesen, Hannah Burrack, Rachael Goodhue, Jeffrey Williams and Frank G. Zalom. "Olive Fruit Fly: Timing the Harvest to Manage the Pest."
- Philip Martin. "Farm Labor in California’s Specialty Crops."
To subscribe to the ARE Update, contact Julie McNamara, managing editor.
To receive a hard copy free of charge, please include your mailing address. To receive e-mail notification when new issues are posted on our website, simply include your e-mail address.