Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- de Janvry, Alain and Elisabeth Sadoulet. "The Global Food Crisis: Identification of the Vulnerable and Policy Responses."
- de Wit, Joeri and Aaron Smith. "What is the Price of Oil?"
- Sexton, Steven E., Leslie A. Martin, and David Zilberman. "Biofuel and Biotech: A Sustainable Energy Solution."
- Martin, Philip and Dale Heien. "The California Wine Industry: Entering a New Era?"
- Goodhue, Rachael E., Richard D. Green, Dale M. Heien, and Philip L. Martin. "Current Economic Trends in the California Wine Industry."
Mission of the ARE Update:
ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
ARE Update, Vol. 17, No. 2, Nov/Dec, 2013
- Gal Hochman, Geoff Barrows, and David Zilberman. "U.S. Biofuels Policy: Few Environmental Benefits but Large Trade Gains."
- Zoë Plakias. "Old Dog, New Tricks: The Changing Role of California’s Agricultural Marketing Organizations."
- Karen Klonsky. "California’s Organic Agriculture: Two Decades of Growth."
To subscribe to the ARE Update, contact Julie McNamara, managing editor.
To receive a hard copy free of charge, please include your mailing address. To receive e-mail notification when new issues are posted on our website, simply include your e-mail address.