Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- de Janvry, Alain and Elisabeth Sadoulet. "The Global Food Crisis: Identification of the Vulnerable and Policy Responses."
- de Wit, Joeri and Aaron Smith. "What is the Price of Oil?"
- Sexton, Steven E., Leslie A. Martin, and David Zilberman. "Biofuel and Biotech: A Sustainable Energy Solution."
- Martin, Philip and Dale Heien. "The California Wine Industry: Entering a New Era?"
- Goodhue, Rachael E., Richard D. Green, Dale M. Heien, and Philip L. Martin. "Current Economic Trends in the California Wine Industry."
Mission of the ARE Update:
ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
ARE Update, Vol. 16, No. 4, Mar/Apr, 2013
- Charlton, Diane and J. Edward Taylor. "Mexicans Are Leaving Farm Work: What Does It Mean for U.S. Agriculture and Immigration Policy?"
- Fuller, Kate B. and Julian Alston. "The Elasticity of Demand for California Winegrapes."
- Xiong, Bo, William Matthews, and Daniel Sumner. "New Demand for an Old Food: The U.S. Demand for Olive Oil."
To subscribe to the ARE Update, contact Julie McNamara, managing editor.
To receive a hard copy free of charge, please include your mailing address. To receive e-mail notification when new issues are posted on our website, simply include your e-mail address.