Most Popular Articles in the Last Five Years
- Carter, Colin A., Guillaume P. Gruère, Patrick McLaughlin, and Matthew MacLachlan. "California’s Proposition 37: Effects of Mandatory Labeling of GM Food."
- de Janvry, Alain and Elisabeth Sadoulet. "The Global Food Crisis: Identification of the Vulnerable and Policy Responses."
- Goodhue, Rachael E., Richard D. Green, Dale M. Heien, and Philip L. Martin. "Current Economic Trends in the California Wine Industry."
- de Wit, Joeri and Aaron Smith. "What is the Price of Oil?"
- Sexton, Steven E., Leslie A. Martin, and David Zilberman. "Biofuel and Biotech: A Sustainable Energy Solution."
Mission of the ARE Update:
ARE Update is a bimonthly magazine published by the University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics for the purpose of providing wide dissemination of research results and expert opinion from faculty and graduate students in agricultural and resource economics at UC Davis and UC Berkeley. Update targets a lay audience of policy makers, Cooperative Extension advisors, agribusiness managers, and other professionals interested in agricultural, resource, environmental, and development economics.
ARE Update, Vol. 17, No. 5, May/June, 2014
- Kate B. Fuller, Julian M. Alston, and Olena S. Sambucci. "The Value of Powdery Mildew Resistance in Grapes: Evidence from California."
- Emma C. Knoesen and Rachael E. Goodhue. "How California Farms Measure Up in the 2012 Census of Agriculture: Smaller in Size with Higher Value of Production ."
- Renato Seixas and José Maria Silveira. "Assessing Environmental Impacts of Genetically Modified Seeds in Brazilian Agriculture."
To subscribe to the ARE Update, contact Julie McNamara, managing editor.
To receive a hard copy free of charge, please include your mailing address. To receive e-mail notification when new issues are posted on our website, simply include your e-mail address.